“Full house” in forest cluster thanks to latest business win Metsähallitus
Keto Software is already working with the globally leading bioproduct company UPM, leading sustainable packaging companies Walki Group and Wipak, largest machinery companies Andritz and Valmet, and now also with the public sector government organization Metsähallitus. We are currently building a vertical solution for bio and sustainable organisations worldwide. We will announce a business roundtable taking place during H2 2021 together with key players in the field. Our aim is to become the leading software tool for managing sustainable innovation, the strongest force besides digitalization.
Some background about our new customer:
Metsähallitus´ purpose is fostering natural values and taking care of our shared wealth responsibly across generations.
Metsähallitus’ operations are based on responsibility and continuous improvement of activities. The goal of Metsähallitus’ activities is to safeguard biodiversity, create opportunities sustainable business and strengthen the vitality of the regions, promote natural well being services and make a contribution to state revenue. Metsähallitus’ activities also respond to global challenges, such as mitigating climate change and adapting to it.
Metsähallitus is an unincorporated state enterprise, which uses, manages and protects state-owned land and water areas under its responsibility in a sustainable manner and reconciles the expectations and goals that its owner, stakeholders and customers have for these areas.
Metsähallitus operates in four business units.
Business is conducted in subsidiaries Metsähallitus Forestry Ltd, MH-Kivi Oy, and Siemen Forelia Oy and in Metsähallitus Property Development, which is part of the Group. As part of its business operations, Metsähallitus is responsible for the sustainable management and use of state-owned forests, forest tree seed production and sales, rental and property development on state-owned land and water areas.
• is the steward of state-owned land and water areas, their animals, plants and natural resources.
• is the sum of economic, social, cultural and environmental factors.
• approaches its tasks from the viewpoints of humans, nature and society.
Our work is important
• because we have something precious that must be used and managed, ensuring that it does not lose its value. Metsähallitus’ expertise, networks, value chains and future opportunities are also part of this value.
• because it is about enhancing, increasing and diversifying. Not only preservation.
We are guided by
• a consensus reached by reconciling different views and opinions of how land and water areas should be used and managed.
• a responsible and strategic approach which guides all management, activities and development work in Metsähallitus.
• a scale and time frame larger than the human: the scale of nature. Eternal.